If you are new to Power BI or want to fill in some gaps in your knowledge, THIS is the course for you. We’ve focused on providing you with the fundamentals you need to work with Power BI effectively!
Don’t sit through days of boring training to understand how Power BI works! This course will get you up to speed and working in half the time, giving you the crucial foundation to start you on the journey to becoming a Power BI expert.
A comprehensive guide on how to import, transform & visualise data with Power BI, with practical exercises & case study.
Benefits of the course
- Enjoy CLEAR and CONCISE step by step lessons from a best instructor.
- Learn to create POWERFUL reports and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Gain valuable INSIGHT and INTELLIGENCE from your business and marketing data in a FRACTION of the time of traditional spreadsheets.
- PUBLISH reports and dashboards on the Internet and view using laptops, tablets or smartphones in minutes.
- Learn to create Data Models and use the DAX Formula language to develop POWERFUL calculations.
- Easily create a wide range of GRAPHS and VISUALISATIONS using drag and drop technologies.
- Use the Power BI Q & A feature to easily ask QUESTIONS of your data and provide new insight.
Topics for this course
Introduction to Power BI00:00
About the Course00:00
Sign Up for Power BI
Introduction to Signing Up for Power BI00:00
Signing Up for Power BI00:00
Load Data into Power BI Service00:00
Power BI Desktop
Introduction to PowerBI Desktop Section00:00
Power BI Desktop Overview00:00
Creating Reports in Power BI Desktop
Create Reports in Power BI Desktop Section00:00
Creating Tables in Power BI00:00
Table Styles and Formatting00:00
Tables and Matrixes Practical Activity00:00
Changing the method of Aggression00:00
Cards and Multi Row Cards00:00
Working with Dates00:00
Filtering Data – Using Slicers00:00
Filtering Data – Visual Filters00:00
Filtering Data – Page Filters00:00
Filtering Data – Drill Through Filter00:00
Graphs & Visualization
Introduction to Visualization Section00:00
Draft Clustered Column Graphs00:00
Stacked and 100% Graphs00:00
Trend Analysis Graphs00:00
Scatterplots and Bubbleplots00:00
Creating Interactive Dashboards00:00
Publishing Report to the Power BI Service00:00
Pinning Visualizations to Dashboards00:00
Using Themes in Power BI00:00
Using Custom Visualizations00:00
Introduction to Calculated Columns00:00
DAX Calculated Columns00:00
Date Master Tables00:00
Introduction to Measures Section00:00
Introduction to DAX Measures00:00
The =Calculate Formula00:00
Creating and Managing Relationships in Power BI00:00
Power BI Query Editor
Introduction to Power BI Query Editor00:00
Basic Transformations – Part 100:00
Basic Transformations – Part 200:00
Analyze Data with Excel
Introduction to Power BI and Excel00:00
Power BI and Excel Connections00:00
Excel Data Types from Power BI00:00
Loading Excel files into Power BI Service00:00
Power BI and Excel Data Types articles00:00
Power BI Quiz
Power BI Quiz
- You will need to have a PC/Windows laptop loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Power BI (available as a free download). Note that Power BI does not currently run natively on a Mac.
- Whilst this course is designed to cover Power BI from the ground up, some experience of working with data in Excel would be beneficial.
- All Excel users who work with data, reports or dashboards
- All existing Business Intelligence developers and users
- Anyone who wants to get an excellent foundation in how to use Power BI from beginner level
- 10+ hours on-demand Course
- 12 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion